EU COLLECTIVE PLAYS
International engagement and connections have always been at the heart of Prime Cut Productions. We are delighted to partner with seven other arts and cultural organisations from across Europe as part of the EU Collective Plays Project supported through the Creative Europe Project.
EU Collective Plays is a four year large-scale co-operation project funded through Creative Europe.
It aims to:
· Promote international cooperation between playwrights and theatre organisations of different nationalities in the creation and staging of collective plays.
· Increase audiences for theatre across Europe
· Promote an exchange of practices and perspectives between European artists
· Create an Anthology of Polyvocal Plays from across Europe.
· Royal Theatre Zetski Dom – Montenegro https://www.zetskidom.me/en/history
· La Fura Dels Baus – Spain https://www.lafura.com/en/
· Teatro Stabile Dell Arti Medievali – Italy https://quartieridellarte.it
· FORTeRESse – Belgium http://dev.forteresse.eu
· FOPSIM – Malta http://www.fopsim.eu
· KHIO – Norway http://www.khio.no/en/
· La Gramigna - Italy http://www.lagramigna.org
Activities so far:
Prime Cut joined the EU Collective Plays Project in October 2016 and since then we have embedded the project across all our activities including:
· Commissioning Fionnuala Kennedy to create a new play (Removed) based on the experiences of and interviews with Looked After young people in Northern Ireland.
· The development and delivery of a polyvocal play for children aged 3-7 exploring diversity: At Arm’s Length.
· 2 x Artists Development Laboratories on Polyvocal Theatre Making
· Attending Partners Meetings in Malta, Belgium, Spain and Norway.
· Presenting rehearsed readings of Removed at the 2018 Young At Art Belfast International Children’s Festival and the 2018 KHIO Festival of Acting Norway.
· January 2018: Festival of New Northern Irish Writing (Link to Reveal-Ed once we go live)
· March 2018: World Premiere of Removed and Partners Meeting; Belfast. (Link to Removed and YAA once we go live)